Your Ad Here

Mission impossible


Ladies and gentlemen,
It is always a special feeling for any person when he gets to know that he has been found suitable as an employee for a great company.The moment when you know that by the end of every month u get a fortune instead of a stupid series exam that tests the student's ability to copy (Thank you,Kerala university! now i can copy from anywhere,hehe).I make it an important point to go to the terrace of my house on any day that is important.Every single day the sunrise looks different from up there.I tell you people,the feeling is something awesome.Early in the morning, when the sun starts peeking out,go upstairs and close your eyes.The morning breeze blows your hair and makes it dance.The breeze brings a chill down your body as it flows down from head to heels.Even though a chopper didnt come and throw away a goggle that said "This mission should you chose to accept it,Mr R.Sidharth,involes an examination that you need to pass without copying in the examination followed by an interview where you will be tortured until u say you werent behind the 26/11 attack.500 people in contention and a few places for grabs.This is not mission difficult Mr Sidharth,this is mission impossible,difficult should be a walk in the park for you"(hehe, mission impossible 2),i knew that this was not a walk in the park for me.I put on a half sleeve shirt ant set out to college.
The sight i saw in SCT(college where the campus interview for SCT,LBS and Barton Hill) was something i expected.500 students and a few places for grabs.The mission looked clear,i had to sneak in through the examination and the rest would be seen.I went to the exam hall and the quesion paper was given.The guy behaved as if he was sent out of the military for his short temper ("Those who have back logs get out!",sheeesh!).I gave the examination and came out.I dont have much to say,it was a complete waste of time.Then we were taken to the powerpoint conducted by infosys where they showed us why it would be best to join them.After that they said,"Just 10 minutes after the results the interview will commence".Oh god,what if by luck i got selected?,i made to my friend's house with haste where i kept my formal wear just in case i make it (hehe, i know,there is no measure of my optimism).I went back to SCT and i get badly mocked at for my sudden change of dress.I thought, if i dont get through the examination then all this formal wear would make me the joke of the century.I prayed and prayed for the 2 hour long ordeal to end.Finally i get selected!(mission impossible theme song plays......)







INTERMISSION!





The fight goes on.I've sneaked in & i gave a wide grin.I got into the building where the shortlisted candidates were waiting for the call.In the building i saw a girl who i have never known.Its quiet funny sometimes to see how girls behave when pressurised LOL,she was running around in circles as if she was tied o the ceiling fan above,with the resume covering her face,hehe.I almost fell on the ground laughing.I said to myself,concentrate! I was asked to go in and take the interview.I entered the room the interviewer was almost at the door( as if to say,"boo,fooled ya!").The interview went on and he even offered me a cup of tea.My friends waiting outside were amazed looking at me.I come out of the room not intimidated & with a cup of tea.
The wait for the results continued and finally it came,the CGPU heat of our college shouted, a list of names which included mine.Wow what a feeling it was.I could never win a world cup for India but i had a similar feeling.I wanted to scream and run like ive scored for Arsenal and run around like Arshavin with finger on my lips.It was night and i stayed there till almost everyone left.The moon showed bright and i thought,this was one of the many to come!!!!!(mission impossible theme plays again).

5 Comments:

  1. Abhi said...
    Nice words to put your feelings da, loved it. Reminded me of the day I got a job back in college.

    It is always a great feeling; to get a job, a job that proves to the world that you are not the piece of rock that they say you are; even though only god and the company's HR knows why you got selected :D.

    Congratulations. I hope this isn't the end of it and you rise beyond Infy and so many others to come ;)
    sajin said...
    ayee...congrats!!!!

    btw,dont get stuck up with that(smthng tat hppnd to me)

    search for better goals:)
    jithinferrari said...
    congrats on completing ure mission....
    hope u r not retiring for good, and will take up more impossible missions in the future....
    Alen said...
    Congratz!
    Dont get carried away by the Infy success, try hard and get a job in ur core field...
    I know many ppl with tonnes of caliber who became too lazy aftr getting placed...
    LECHU said...
    Cngrts once again anna...
    well well hope i get a treat atleast by nxt new year "uncle scrooge":P

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Your Ad Here

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds